Scroll below for step by step images
At times overlooking nuances pave way to set the scene for a new creation. So it happed with this sikku kolam.
For the Quasi Equal Task, a fixed pattern was given to create kolam and I with loads of exuberance placed dots on paper, doodled around and had set the seal on. And on the DAY, when the group had cascade of kolams, I felt somewhere my kolam was at odds with other’s kolams.. Found the oddity,The Dot pattern… suspired 😔…
Place – 19 dots in the centre coloum and 17-11×3-5×2-3-1 on either side.
2. Start to draw from the bottom most dot as shown
3. Repeat the above design on all sides and complete the pattern by joining on all sides
4. Now draw the strand in green forming a bulb shade at the bottom and two loops on top.
5. Repeat the same design on all sides and this forms a single strand
6. Draw two criss-cross loops in yellow and a single double sided loop in red to complete the design.
7. Now repeat the same loops on other sides
8. Add the outer strands to complete the kolam. This strand doesn’t get connected as sides twirl into swirls.