An unique lotus flower kolam with 17-9 dots placed with interlaced dot pattern. This kolam can be drawn during Margazhi season with bright colours or you may simply add detailing in white.
The making of this video can be viewed in the below link.
1. First place dots as per the pattern and locate the centre dot from bottom ie 9th dot from bottom.
2. Draw a 6 petal flower at the centre and draw another layer of petals around the flower. I have highlighted with yellow colour dots for easy understanding.
3. Mark the 3rd dot from the bottom. and again mark 4 dots highlighted in green colour to form a small lotus flower.
4. Draw another set of petals on the outer as shown.
5. Again draw the same lotus flower on the outer. Mark the points as highlighted and join the dots to form the petals on all sides.
6.Finish drawing the outer layer lotus flowers.
7. Fill the extra dots with leaves, stalks as shown. Add colours or any detailing work inside the petals for enhancement purpose.